… Leave a Legacy
Educate Generations – Protect Birds & Habitats
Include ASGD in Your Will and Other Gift Planning Options
“We chose is the Audubon Society of Greater Denver because of the work the organization does, their efficient use of funds and resources, and our desire to help preserve our natural environment. We are not wealthy but we know that every gift has an impact and it’s so easy to leave a planned gift through your will or simply putting ASGD in your life insurance policy.”
-ASGD Legacy Society Member
The ASGD Legacy Society provides lifetime recognition to donors who have included Audubon Society of Greater Denver in their estate plan. All you need to do is let us know your plan is in place and you have no objection to being publicly listed on the ASGD Legacy Society honor roll. It also allows us to thank you properly for your generosity during your lifetime, letting you personally see the benefits of your long term “charitable investment” in our mission.
Ways to Give Back
- Bequest by Will: You can make a charitable gift by designating a percentage or a specific dollar amount of your estate. This type of gift qualifies for the charitable estate tax deduction.
- Beneficiary Designations Many financial accounts, CDs, mutual funds, annuities and life insurance policies allow you to make a charitable gift using beneficiary designations.
- Appreciated Property: Gifts of stocks, bonds, mutual funds and real property qualify for a charitable income tax deduction, avoid capital gains taxes and reduce potential estate taxes.
- Retirement Plans: You can make a charitable gift using the beneficiary designation of your IRA, 401(K) or other retirement plan. This type of gift avoids estate and income taxation on the assets accumulated tax-free during your lifetime.
- Gifts of Life Insurance: Life insurance offers flexible ways to make a charitable gift of an existing or new policy.
- Gifts that Provide Income: You can make a gift now, get immediate tax benefits, ensure that you or a loved one receives income payments for life and make a future charitable gift.
Please consult with your financial planner and attorney to assure you receive the best financial advantages and that your intentions are carried out fully.
Legal Designation: If you wish to name Audubon Society of Greater Denver in your will or estate plan, we should be legally designated as: “Audubon Society of Greater Denver, a nonprofit organization (Tax ID #23-7063701), with its principal business headquarters address of 9308 S. Wadsworth Blvd, Littleton, CO 80128.”
Date of Incorporation: September 30, 1969
We would be glad to discuss any planned giving option with you – in confidence and without obligation. For more information, please call 303-973-9530 or e-mail Karl Brummert, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Let Us Know
We often receive bequests from people whom we have never had the opportunity to thank. If you include Audubon Society of Greater Denver in your estate plans, please let us know. We value the opportunity to express our gratitude in person to let you know that your gift is greatly appreciated now and for future generations of people and birds to come. Those people who have notified us of their intention to make a bequest to ASGD are invited to our Legacy Society.
Sample Bequest Language
Percentage of Estate:
I give Audubon Society of Greater Denver, 9308 S. Wadsworth Blvd., Littleton, CO 80128 ________% of my estate to be used in such a manner as the Board of Directors of ASGD shall, in its sole discretion, determine.
I give Audubon Society of Greater Denver, 9308 S. Wadsworth Blvd., Littleton, CO 80128, the sum of $________ to be used in such a manner as the Board of Directors of ASGD shall, in its sole discretion, determine.
Residue of Estate
(after probate costs and other expenses)
I give to Audubon Society of Greater Denver, 9308 S. Wadsworth Blvd., Littleton, CO 80128, __________ % of the rest and residue of my estate to be used in such a manner as the Board of Directors of ASGD shall, in its sole discretion, determine.
“Being a member of the ASGD Legacy Society makes sense. There are a variety of ways that work both for me and ASGD. I strongly encourage you to join me and consider insuring ASGD’s future financial soundness. Perhaps, given we’re a bird centric organization, maybe it’s better to say let’s all look ahead and plan how we can help add more of those legacy eggs to ASGD’s proverbial nest.”
-ASGD Legacy Society Member
Legacy Society Members
Hugh & Urling Kingery, Michele Ostrander & Sofia Aguilar, Karl Brummert, Anonymous (1)