Volunteer with us
Thank you for your interest in volunteering! We have completed our volunteer recruitment for 2018 and will resume new volunteer opportunities in 2019. If you are interested in being on our notification list, please email the Community Outreach Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org to be included in future volunteering communications.
All Denver Audubon volunteers are expected to complete the following:
Complete a volunteer application
Participate in a 30-minute interview with Denver Audubon staff
Pass a background check (cost of $30 to the applicant)
Complete a 2-hour orientation with Denver Audubon staff
Commit to a minimum of 20 hours per year
Communicate regularly through e-mail or telephone with Denver Audubon staff
For current volunteers:
Sign Up and Report Hours in Volgistics Here: ASGD Volunteer Sign-In
Sign in with your user name (personal email) and your chosen password. Need help with your login information? Email email@example.com.
Report your volunteer hours: We need your hours! Our volunteers are the life force of ASGD and we want to be able to show it. Your volunteer hours become a part of our grant proposals, financial audit, and other reports. By demonstrating our community support (that’s you!), we can secure more funding for our programs and projects. Plus, we want to be able to recognize and thank you for your contributions. Thank you for all the time you give to our organization. We really appreciate your energy, enthusiasm, and time!
Internship Positions 2017 & 2018
The Audubon Society of Greater Denver is currently seeking two creative, highly motivated and energetic individuals to assist in implementing education programs and public events as part of a team of talented and experienced staff and volunteers! The Winter Education position starts January 2018–May 2018 with a possible extension through the summer for the right candidate. The Summer Internship position starts in May 2018—August 2018 with a possible extension through the fall semester for the right candidate. The candidate must be currently attending college/university and pursuing or holding a degree in education, environmental science, biology, or related fields. For more information contact:
Summer Internship firstname.lastname@example.org
Winter Education Internship email@example.com
Serve on a Committee
- Conservation Committee – Reviews & takes action on issues affecting the environment. Chair: Polly Reetz
- Field Trips & Travel Committee – Plans and leads classes, field trips and travel adventures for members and the general public. Chairs: Kate Halstead and Sheridan Samano
- Development Committee – Coordinates the fundraising activities for ASGD. Chair: Executive Director, Karl Brummert.
- Spring Benefit Committee – Solicits donations for the annual auction fundraiser and coordinates logistics for the event. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Colorado Bluebird Project – Plans and coordinates education programs and projects year-round to promote improved habitat and nesting sites for bluebirds and citizen science research. Contact Kevin Corwin at email@example.com.
- Office Angels – Volunteers assist with the daily operations of ASGD.
- Mailing Crews – Volunteers stuff, seal, stamp and label various mailings throughout the year. The newsletter is mailed every other month.
- Audubon Center Stewards – While the majority of projects happen between April and September, there are usually maintenance jobs that we need help with every month of the year. The most common service projects at the Audubon Center are:
- Gardeners – Help maintain and improve our native habitat gardens.
- Weed Warriors – This is a long-term habitat restoration project to rescue our native landscape from the invasion of noxious weeds.
- Trail Maintenance – Maintaining and clearing trails, closing social trails, fixing drainage problems on trails and near facilities.
- Cleaning Crew – Keep the buildings in tip top shape between programs.
- Nest box construction – Help build bluebird boxes and assemble kits with the Colorado Bluebird Project. Contact Chairperson Kevin Corwin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Photography – We are currently building our digital image library and welcome contributions of wildlife and habitat photos. Occasionally, we also request photographers for special events.