Download a Volunteer Application by clicking on the following link: ASGD Volunteer Application. Fill out the application and email it to the Community Outreach Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail it to: Audubon Society of Greater Denver, 9308 South Wadsworth Blvd., Littleton, CO 80128
For current volunteers:
Report your volunteer hours: We need your hours! Our volunteers are the life force of ASGD and we want to be able to show it. Your volunteer hours become a part of our grant proposals, financial audit, and other reports. By demonstrating our community support (that’s you!), we can secure more funding for our programs and projects. Plus, we want to be able to recognize and thank you for your contributions. To report your hours, click on the ASGD Volunteer Sign-In link above. This will take you to our Volgistics account. Just sign in with your user name and password and record your hours. Thank you for all the time you give to our organization. We really appreciate your energy, enthusiasm, and time!
Internship Positions 2016
The Audubon Society of Greater Denver is currently seeking one creative, highly motivated and energetic individual to assist in implementing education programs as part of a team of talented and experienced staff and volunteers! This position starts in September 2016—December 2016 with a possible spring extension. Must be currently attending college/university and pursuing or holding a degree in education, environmental science, biology, or related fields. For more information contact email@example.com.
Serve on a Committee
Usually, you can join in at anytime by attending committee meetings or contacting the committee chair for special assignments.
- Conservation Committee – Reviews & takes action on issues affecting the environment. Chair: Polly Reetz
- Field Trips & Travel Committee – Plans and leads classes, field trips and travel adventures for members and the general public. Chairs: Cindy Valentine and Sheridan Samano
- Development Committee – Coordinates the fundraising activities for ASGD. Chair: Executive Director, Karl Brummert.
- Spring Benefit Committee – Solicits donations for the annual auction fundraiser and coordinates logistics for the event. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Colorado Bluebird Project – Plans and coordinates education programs and projects year-round to promote improved habitat and nesting sites for bluebirds and citizen science research. Contact Kevin Corwin at email@example.com.
This is a list of the most common and frequent volunteer opportunities. It is not meant to be a complete listing.
- Office Angels – Volunteers assist with the daily operations of ASGD.
- Audubon Center Stewards – While the majority of projects happen between April and September, there are usually maintenance jobs that we need help with every month of the year. The most common service projects at the Audubon Center are:
- Gardeners – Help maintain and improve our native habitat gardens.
- Weed Warriors – This is a long-term habitat restoration project to rescue our native landscape from the invasion of noxious weeds.
- Trail Maintenance – Maintaining and clearing trails, closing social trails, fixing drainage problems on trails and near facilities.
- Cleaning Crew – Keep the buildings in tip top shape between programs.
- Nest box construction – Help build bluebird boxes and assemble kits with the Colorado Bluebird Project. Contact Chairperson Kevin Corwin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Birdseed Sale Pick-up Days – Staff the birdseed pick-up day and assist members in loading seed orders into their cars.
- Mailing Crews – Volunteers stuff, seal, stamp and label various mailings throughout the year. The newsletter is mailed every other month.
- Photography – We are currently building our digital image library and welcome contributions of wildlife and habitat photos. Occasionally, we also request photographers for special events.
Help with activities like set-up, registration, staff a booth, tear-down at special events, such as the Auction, Members Dinner, Festivals, Community Events, and the Legislative Conference.
If you have an idea for a special project that you would like to work on, please contact us at email@example.com. Past and current examples include: Bird Taxidermy, Photo Archive Imaging, Library Organization, and Herbarium Collection.