Denver Audubon COVID-19 Actions
Denver Audubon is continually monitoring COVID-19 and adjusting our programs in accordance with state and federal guidelines to help slow the spread of the virus.
In accordance with state recommendations, we are announcing the following changes, cancellations, and postponements:
- Our offices will be closed until further notice with staff members working primarily from home.
- Denver Parks and Recreation has asked us to cancel bird walks and field trips in their parks until further notice. Field trips in other locations are considered “public programs,” please see below.
- We are postponing Beginning Birdwatching. More details will follow as we develop a specific plan to reschedule this awesome series.
- All of our public programs and classes, including Birding Insights and Habitats for Homeschoolers, are cancelled through April 30.
- We are handling private programs on a case-by-case basis. If you are registered for Naturalist Training or any other private program, we will contact you separately.
- We know that when schools go back in session, they’ll need our support. We are ready to support teachers and students with our school programs as soon as districts re-open.
If you have registered for an upcoming paid program, we humbly request that you consider donating the registration fee to Denver Audubon. The financial impact of COVID-19 is becoming a harsh reality for us all, and we would be so grateful for your support. Otherwise, we will certainly assist with refunds.
If you are like us, you may be feeling a bit overwhelmed with the changes occurring around us, but we are remaining positive. As signs of our optimism we are:
- Moving ahead with Bird-a-thon, our team birding fundraiser that occurs during the month of May. Stay tuned for more information about forming teams.
- Planning on celebrating at our Spring Benefit on June 11.
We will continue to assess this dynamic situation, prioritizing your health above all else. Please visit our website to stay abreast of our latest updates. Now more than ever we are grateful to all of you who love and support our organization. You are our friends and we deeply appreciate your help and understanding.