Volunteer with us
Thank you for your interest in volunteering! We have completed our volunteer recruitment for 2018 and will resume new volunteer opportunities in 2019. If you are interested in being on our notification list, please email the Community Outreach Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
to be included in future volunteering communications.
All Denver Audubon volunteers are expected to complete the following:
- Complete a volunteer application
- Participate in a 30-minute interview with Denver Audubon staff
- Pass a background check (cost of $30 to the applicant)
- Complete a 2-hour orientation with Denver Audubon staff
- Commit to a minimum of 20 hours per year
- Communicate regularly through e-mail or telephone with Denver Audubon staff
For current volunteers:
Sign in with your user name (personal email) and your chosen password. Need help with your login information? Email email@example.com
Report your volunteer hours:
We need your hours! Our volunteers are the life force of Denver Audubon and we want to be able to show it. Your volunteer hours become a part of our grant proposals, financial audit, and other reports.
By demonstrating our community support (that’s you!), we can secure more funding for our programs and projects. Plus, we want to be able to recognize and thank you for your contributions. Thank you for all the time you give to our organization. We really appreciate your energy, enthusiasm, and time!
Serve on a Committee
- Conservation Committee – Reviews & takes action on issues affecting the environment. Chair: Polly Reetz
- Field Trips & Travel Committee – Plans and leads classes, field trips and travel adventures for members and the general public. Chairs: Mary Geder and Sheridan Samano
- Development Committee – Coordinates the fundraising activities for Denver Audubon. Chair: Executive Director, Karl Brummert.
- Spring Benefit Committee – Solicits donations for the annual auction fundraiser and coordinates logistics for the event. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Colorado Bluebird Project – Plans and coordinates education programs and projects year-round to promote improved habitat and nesting sites for bluebirds and citizen science research. Contact Kevin Corwin at email@example.com.
- Office Angels – Volunteers assist with the daily operations of Denver Audubon.
- Audubon Center Stewards – While the majority of projects happen between April and September, there are usually maintenance jobs that we need help with every month of the year. The most common service projects at the Audubon Center are:
- Gardeners – Help maintain and improve our native habitat gardens.
- Weed Warriors – This is a long-term habitat restoration project to rescue our native landscape from the invasion of noxious weeds.
- Trail Maintenance – Maintaining and clearing trails, closing social trails, fixing drainage problems on trails and near facilities.
- Cleaning Crew – Keep the buildings in tip top shape between programs.
- Nest box construction – Help build bluebird boxes and assemble kits with the Colorado Bluebird Project. Contact Chairperson Kevin Corwin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Photography – We are currently building our digital image library and welcome contributions of wildlife and habitat photos. Occasionally, we also request photographers for special events.